I'm a student in the Applied Mathematics depatment at the University of Washington. My research is in "computational complex algebraic geometry". I do a mixture of symbolic and numerical computation.
- Special functions.
- Algebraic curves. (Bi-variate polynomial.)
- Algebra and geometry.
\[ f(x,y) = y^3 + 2x^3y - x^7 \]
Abelian functions: higher dimensional versions of complex periodic functions.
- Defined on algebraic curves.
- All Abelian functions are built from Riemann theta functions.
- Periodic solutions to integrable partial differential equations are dense in space of Abelian functions.
- Applications in optimization and algebraic geometry as well.
I have some background in high performance computing.
- Special functions: Riemann theta function.
- Computational number theory.
- GPU / CUDA.
I'm working on a project with Daniel Shapero on a FORTRAN-to-C wrapper called f2c. (Similar idea to Cython for C-to-Python.) However, I'm happy to help with anything!